Operations Improvement Approach and Results
Have you reached the right Operational Excellence level to be a survivor of the European refining industry shake-out ?
We assist refineries to reach a safe and stable Normal Operations level. And once this is achieved, we assist the optimisation process to fully exploit the margin capability in a cost efficient manner. After this, the refinery runs like a "Swiss watch".
Refinery Normal Operation
- Is controlled safe and stable operation, with minimum unplanned shutdowns, good housekeeping, minimum backlog in maintenance, minimum product quality giveaway and a performance culture is apparent.
Refinery Normal Operations key focus areas are:
- Safe operation without incidents nor accidents
- Ensure the integrity of the refinery process units
- High unit availability and active management to avoid unplanned shutdowns
- Process plant operation windows are the guideline for operations
- Improve process plant monitoring and reporting including analysis and review critical parameters
Once the Refinery is operating in Normal Operation mode, Optimisation of the Refinery can be started with a three-fold objective: